Damping Technologies, Inc. (DTI), has developed, designed and manufactured noise and vibration control solutions for over 30 years. Our products efficiently deliver significant levels of damping to structures for control of vibration and noise related issues. DTI has extensive experience in creating effective noise and vibration control solutions in the aerospace, automotive, and consumer products industries. Noise and vibration issues are a never-ending challenge to engineers, designer, and scientists, as they endeavor to improve the overall performance and quality of products that make our everyday lives more enjoyable and worry-free. At DTI, our experienced engineers and scientists create innovative solutions that meet the customer’s needs while maintaining the integrity of the original product’s purpose. This is accomplished by bringing together our unique understanding of material properties, structural dynamics, manufacturing capabilities, and design tools to produce and provide efficient solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner. Our unique understanding of the dynamic properties of materials including metals, elastomers, plastics, polymers, glass enamels, and composites enable us to bring these often-ignored characteristics to bear in our effective and cost-efficient solutions. The DTI “difference” is our ability to effectively combine in-house research and development, understanding of structural dynamics, effective design and modeling capability, extensive prototyping capability, as well as manufacturing know-how into solutions that benefit our customers.
- Develop, model, and test application-specific solutions for vibration issues (skill sets for this –vibration or noise consulting work, RKU equations, FEA, SEA, etc)
- Analyze vibration or noise issues for specific customer applications (skill sets for this –modal analysis, vibration testing,vibration or noise consulting work)
- Perform experimental modal testing on a variety of structures and determine the mode shapes, resonant frequencies, and modal loss factor data for various modes of vibration
- Implement manufacturable solutions for the customer’s applications
- Provide technical support to others
- Create and present reports to internal and external customers as required.
- Maintain and improve in-house testing capability
- BS degree in Engineering -ABET accredited college or university (preferred) and 5 years’ experience in the field or related area
- Must have experience in one or more functional areas: Vibration analysis, modal, and acoustic (including sound transmission loss) testing, constrained layer damping (CLD)
- Must have prior experience with project planning as well as posting process test data and developing final test reports
- Must have a fundamental understanding of electricity and electronics
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD LT, Catia v5 and Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of Modal Strain Energy and applications to damping solutions and systems preferred
- Programming experience with MATLAB or at least one other scientific programming language is preferred
- Programming in C++ or C# would be a plus